YOGA FOR LONGEVITY: LOWER BACK SERIES - Your Spine and Pelvis are BFFs!
After two years of pandemic life, our bodies have changed dramatically, and it’s been a challenge to tend to your body and keep it functional and vibrant.
Work-from-home and/or long hours on the computer has negatively impacted postural alignment, eyesight, digestion, gut health, and more.
Pandemic-related stress has wreaked havoc on our nervous systems.
And on top of it, you may have noticed how your brain’s been affected by lack of socialization and increased internet use.
This is why we’re genuinely thrilled to be launching multiple Longevity Series in 2022 quarterly that will address the changes you’ve been through while setting you up for success and independence in your body as you age.
In our next 4-part series we’ll focus specifically on longevity and the lower back. You will:
- Learn how lower back alignment connects to healthy digestion and elimination
- Counteract negative body changes from the pandemic using sound alignment and understanding of biomechanics
- Have the rare opportunity to be observed and work individually in real-time with Amy via Zoom spotlight (optional of course!)
- Master modifications for a variety of commonly “cranky” poses to help clear and resolve lower back challenges
- Learn how to align optimally in a variety of pose categories such as chest and quad opening poses, standing poses, hip mobility poses, hamstring oriented poses, and sun salutations
- Explore a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and biomechanical challenges related to the lower back
- Settle your nervous system and get grounded through specific Restorative yoga postures
Tuesday, March 15, 2002, 10:00am - 11:00am MT
Your Spine and Pelvis Are BFFs!
In our introductory class of the series, learn how your pelvis and vertebral column are inextricably connected. When you understand the way this connection works, the sky's the limit on your capacity to move more freely. After a brief enthusiastic anatomical breakdown, get moving in a practice that will usher in more easeful range of motion and mobility in your body.
Tuesday, March 22, 2002, 10:00am - 11:00am MT
You Gotta Stabilize to Mobilize
This class gets into the nitty gritty on how to stabilize parts of your spine and switch on your core to more effectively bring about lower back health, mobility and freedom. Work one-on-one directly with Amy to troubleshoot any lower back issues if you desire, and learn from the demonstrations if you're not in them!
Tuesday, March 29, 2002, 10:00am - 11:00am MT
Get Grounded for Healthy Digestion & Elimination
In this class, explore one of the 5 Pranas, specifically apana vayu, the prana that flows downward and controls digestion, and all forms of elimination. Through a delicious series of seated and hip mobility poses designed to enhance apana vayu, walk away feeling great in your lower back, more earthy, and super grounded.
Tuesday, April 5, 2002, 10:00am - 11:00am MT
Put it All Together: Lower Back Freedom Bonanza
This culmination class will serve to address and practice any poses, individual challenges, or alignment concepts still lingering and will serve as a chance to refine your understanding. Recommended action steps for the group moving forward will be shared as well as practical tips to protect the lower back in everyday life.
Investment for Yoga Immersion subscribers:
Free! This series is included with your subscription.
Investment for non-subscribers:
4-part series: $65 before March 5 / $75 after
Single class: $25