Restorative yoga is a slow gentle practice that is all about slowing down and opening your body through passive release. … Throughout the class, the supported long holds of re-store your body and spirit to its natural state, that of ease. It’s a unique feeling because props, rather than your muscles, are used to support your body and as a result, the physical body is allowed an opportunity to reset and rejuvenate. As the physical body releases, we can start to reset the nervous system. Benefits of Restorative practice include:
- Enhances flexibility through relaxation
- Stills the mind.
- Improves capacity for healing and balancing.
- Balances the nervous system.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Develops qualities of compassion and understanding toward others and self.
- Enhances mood states.
Please prepare your practice space with pillows, blankets, blocks, and any other suitable items for propping your body. Get creative.