How a Yoga Teacher and Her Student Started the Give Back Yoga Foundation
Join the co-founders of the Give Back Yoga Foundation for a journey back in time to where it all began. Fourteen years ago, Rob and Beryl turned a humble yoga teacher training project into a nonprofit organization. Little did they know, more than a decade later it would become an international organization that serves tens of thousands of people facing addiction, cancer, eating disorders, incarceration, and PTSD every year.
In this 45-minute interview, we’ll cover:
- The origin story: how the Give Back Yoga Foundation was started and what the early years were like
- How the organization’s mission, work, and programs have evolved over the years
- The vision: where the organization is going, and how it plans to get there
This interview will be hosted by Chelsea Roff, Executive Director of the Give Back Yoga Foundation UK.
More Inaugural Week Interviews:
- How Volunteering with Veterans Launched Mindful Yoga Therapy, an origin story interview with Suzanne Manafort
- How The Prison Yoga Project Was Started, an origin story interview with James Fox
- How an Eating Disorder Sufferer, Turned Researcher Started Eat Breathe Thrive, an origin story interview with Chelsea Roff
- How a Disease That Nearly Took Her Breath Away Inspired yoga4cancer, an origin story interview with Tari Prinster
- How a Relapse Helped to Launch Yoga of 12-Step Recovery, an origin story interview with Nikki Myers
A Note on Seva (Service):
Many of our faculty donate their time and receive no compensation from course fees. The funds we raise through this platform go to support Give Back Yoga Foundation and its key initiatives: mat donations, small grants, and not-for-profit yoga programs for people facing addiction, eating disorders, cancer, incarceration, and PTSD. Learn more about our work here.