300HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (Spring 2024)
300HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (Spring 2024)
at YTT Sessions
Want to learn more? Fill out our form and we will be in touch:Let's Talk
Ready to enroll?
REGISTATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THIS PROGRAM: This program can be taken entirely online, in-person, or a combination of both. Please read the "How to Enroll" paragraph below for details on how to apply.
The Essence of Yoga: Ancient Wisdom for our Modern Times is a deep immersive experience that will move you beyond the fundamentals of yoga into the realm of subtlety and increased wonder. The program can be taken either entirely online, entirely in-person, or a combination of both! This advanced yoga teacher training gives you extensive access to Colleen, Rodney and the program Mentors. Individual attention and mentorship is a unique and supportive aspect of this training. The community that develops is significant, supportive, fun, and long-lasting! Colleen and Rodney will guide you in establishing and refining a strong foundation for a life-long study and teaching of yoga. The curriculum will include a deeper look into your daily home practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation. Your teaching skills including sequencing, alignment and seeing and understanding bodies will be honed. Anatomy, philosophy, and chanting are important components included in the curriculum. There will be special guest appearances from some of the most renowned yoga teachers of our time.
The training begins with a 5-Day Intensive to dive deeply into our advanced studies, which is then followed by seven training weekends and ends with a weekend of final evaluations. Please note that students are required to participate live at least 80% of the time. (Please communicate with us beforehand if you anticipate missing more than 20% of the actual program dates.)
The Yoga Shanti 300HR Advanced Teacher Training covers the following topics:
- Enhancing your own practice and understanding
- How to confidently teach a class for the desired energetic outcome
- Sequencing for emotions, advanced poses, the health of the spine and nervous system
- The art of verbal instruction and demonstration
- Pranayama and meditation
- Experiential anatomy
- Seeing and understanding bodies
- The relevancy of Eastern philosophy for the Western mind
- Essential studies
2024 Program Dates
Initial 5-Day Intensive:
Thursday, February 8th - Monday, February 12th: 9:30am - 4:30pm (EST)
Weekly 1-hour Mentorship Calls:
Every Tuesday at 7:00pm (EST) throughout the training
8 Weekend Sessions:
May 31- June 2
June 14 - 17 (Final evaluations)
Fridays: 6:00-8:00pm (EST)
Saturdays: 9:30am-5:00pm (EST)
Sundays: 9:30am-4:30pm (EST)
Additional Required Yoga Classes:
Students are required to take one class every week with Colleen or Rodney during training. These classes can be taken live or on-demand at any time within the week. Additionally,
+ Students must take 5 Beginner classes throughout the duration of training.
+ Students must complete 5 class observations throughout the duration of training.
- When Love Comes to Light by Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor
- Yoga FAQ by Richard Rosen
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Chip Hartranft
- Yoga For Life by Colleen Saidman
- Moving Toward Balance by Rodney Yee
- The Muscles Premium application from the Visible Body anatomy series.
- Yoga Body by Mark Singleton
- Zen Mind, Beginners Mind by Suzuki Roshi
- The Book of Joy by Dalia Lama and Desmond Tutu
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by Iyengar
- A Yoga Mat
- 2 Yoga Bricks (foam or cork)
- 3 Blankets
- 1 Yoga belt or strap
- 1 Sandbag (fill with 5 lb fish tank pebbles)
- A chair
- A yoga bolster (the 3 blankets can be substituted)
- A reliable internet connection and computer/device with a camera and microphone.
- The WhatsApp mobile application installed on your smartphone.
- A location in your home that you can set up as a yoga practice space.
- A setup so that instructors can review your practice virtually if you are practicing from home. Your space should be very well-lit so that you are clearly visible on screen. It is important that instructors are able to see your full practice space.
This teacher training is designed for students who have already completed a 200HR yoga teacher training program. Serious practitioners looking to continue their personal studies in yoga are also welcome to apply. Admittance into the program is subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.
Tuition for this program is $3900 and includes a 25-class yoga pass for online or in-person classes with Yoga Shanti for the duration of training. Multiple monthly payment plans are available (see below). Graduates of previous Yoga Shanti Teacher Trainings can participate in this training at a reduced tuition of $3300. (Past graduates can email firstname.lastname@example.org for tuition discount code.) Enrollment is limited to 60 students.
Payment Plan Options
Various payment plans are available for a $45 admin fee and are outlined below. The initial installment is payable when you register and the follow-up payments occur automatically on the same day monthly thereafter.
- 3 monthly installments of $1315
- 4 monthly installments of $987
- 5 monthly installments of $789
- 6 monthly installments of $567
- 3 monthly installments of $1100 (previous grads only)
- 5 monthly installments of $660 (previous grads only)
Previous graduates should email email@example.com for discount code.
How to Enroll
Registration is now open for this program and is a 3-step process:
- Complete this online application.
- Pay tuition by clicking the "Register for Zoom Session" button (even if you plan to attend the training in person) at the top of this page and then paying tuition in full or by enrolling in an available payment plan.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make us aware of yoru form submission.
Your application is not complete until all 3 steps are fulfilled.
The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship
Yoga Shanti is dedicated to making yoga accessible to as many people as possible and to increasing diversity in the yoga community. As part of our commitment to this endeavor, we have established The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship to encourage and assist people from under-represented groups to join our training program. The scholarship application deadline for this training is midnight on January 10th, 2024. Please forward this information to anyone you feel may benefit from this opportunity.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Students may withdraw from the training up until end-of-day on December 1st, 2023 for any reason for a refund of any tuition paid, less a completely non-refundable $300 administrative deposit. After December 1st, 2023 no refunds will be given but the funds may be used towards another training should we schedule another 300-hr training within 18 months from the student's original registration date if the student communicates this by email and receives a confirmation response from admin. (Another 300-hour training occurring within this time-frame is not guaranteed.) Students who are on payment plans who withdraw from the program for any reason are required to complete their tuition payments on the original schedule in order to be eligible to participate in another training within 18 months. In the event that we do not schedule another training, the entire sum will be non-refundable. In the event that a student is refused continuation of the program at any time for any reason, there will be no refunds made and the student will also be charged any remaining tuition balance.