This session is part of a multi-session series.
Yoga Foundations Series | a 6-week yoga for beginners series
This event has ended.
Join Deanna Bartlett for this 6-week series to explore the essence of yoga. Over the course of 6 weeks, we'll explore yogic philosophy, asana (poses), meditation, and breath practices for your mind, body, and Spirit. Drop in for one class or join for the whole series!
This series can benefit folks who are stepping on a yoga mat for the first time and those looking to deepen their existing practice.
Students can expect to learn how yoga empowers us on and off the mat as well as build confidence using props and variations to explore different options during the physical practice. Though many people might only think of yoga as a physical practice, we'll also touch on the benefits of meditation and stillness in yoga.
Each class will be themed around a specific component of the yogic philosophy. Classes will include meditation, guided breath work, a gentle all levels flow, and explanations behind the poses and techniques from a physical, mental, and emotional lens.
-Thursdays at Williston, 7-8pm
- 6 week series, starting January 12, 2023
- Suggested $13/class or (as always) choose your own donation
Have to miss one or more classes? No worries! For this series you can sign up for the whole thing or drop-in per class. The purpose of this series is to get you practicing! As an added bonus, if you're new to Sangha and attend all 6 classes, you'll get your first month of a Sustaining Membership on us to support you in sustaining your practice.
Not a member? All classes are donation-based. When you sign up, you’ll see the option to ‘choose your own donation’. At Sangha Studio, one of our core values is accessibility. This includes financial accessibility. We want everyone to practice yoga no matter what! Our suggested donation is $10-$15, but always pay what works for you!
Ever wonder where your donation goes? Your donation helps to support:
- Our mission in action through financially accessible pricing and ensuring that we always remain a donation-based studio where everyone is welcome
- Specialized programs for specific populations like the LGBTQIA+ community, those affected by traumatic brain injuries and the accessible yoga community
- Scholarship positions for studio memberships, workshops and trainings
- Equitable teacher compensation
- Administrative support
Thank you for taking class with us. We are SO glad you’re here :)