Kids Yoga 101
Kids Yoga 101
Registration is closed, but please check other Asheville Yoga Center Events
Join Ruth for this fun weekend long training to prepare you to teach kids yoga. Not everyone can teach kids and if you have a love for children this is a great yoga niche. Prepare to have a fun weekend full of play, games, music and education.
Some surprise learnings you might find after taking this training is the ability to relate to anyone who walks into your yoga class, tapping into your inner child, remembering the importance of laughter and play (not just helpful for kids!)
What Will I Learn?
- How to plan a structured Kids Yoga class easily
- Behavior management techniques
- Yoga, meditation and mindfulness games and activities
- Deep relaxation for kids
- Yoga philosophy and pranayama
- Teaching in various environments
- Running your own Kids Yoga business
- How to promote healthy habits
- Yog-arts & crafts
- Music and games
- 80+ asana including Partner Yoga
- Tips for family, mommy and me, babies, teens and classroom yoga
- Age-appropriate activities for 2–10-year old’s
- Physical contraindications of poses
- Stress management for kids
Who is this training for?
This is perfect for anyone who is passionate about helping build healthy kids and families. Educators, counselors, therapists, parents and grandparents, coaches, babysitters, aunts, uncles, bonus parents, health care providers all are welcome!
- Learn the developmental stages of age groups and what that means when teaching yoga
- How to teach inclusivity and theme the 8 limbs of yoga in a kids context
- How to bring music into kids yoga classes
- How to create arts and crafts into yoga class
- You will receive a 50-page manual with poses, class sequences, games and playlists.
Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
What Happened to You? By Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
The Explosive Child by Ross W. Greene
Yoga Calm for Children by Lynea Gillen and Jim Gillen
Planting Seeds by Thich Nhat Hanh
Breath like a Bear by Kira Willey
Let’s Make Yoga Magic by Heather Leah
A Book of Meditations for Children by Maureen Garth
The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel Siegel and Tina Bryson
For 300 Hour Students
24 Contact Hours
3 Non-Contact Hours
Save $50 if you sign up May 11, 2023
$450 with Early Bird Discount!
($500 after May 11, 2023)